SO IT ENDS TODAY, DOES IT?
The last day of AOL Journals. Read a few folks talk about what has happened, and I could, in a Bubba Clinton-esque way, 'feel your pain'.
Some of what happened isn't right. EVERYTHING is fair. IMO, there is a designation between what is right and what is fair. Sometimes, being 'right' isn't about fairness, sometimes as with the bailout, they don't even seem related!
Though I would like to see a show in New York, I wonder if 'Phantom' is still running in Toronto? More economic and seems like I would have a bit more fun. Been there a few times. Ooh, I wish that I had pictures of Montreal! One of the prettiest cities I have been to!
A lot of times, I just 'listen' to videos while I am on here. Posted one video on my other journal (I am more comfortable 'journaling' than 'blogging'. IMO, there is a HUGE difference!) and I would discover that I wouldn't have posted it, had I watched it! I stopped with the celluiod-video titilation thing when I was in my late teens, so those kinds of images only bore me. AKA sent it, and in my 'always trust content from Macromedia' way, I just stuck it up there. WOULD NOT HAVE had I seen it.
THIS, I'VE SEEN
One of the more perfect pop songs of my collection. It isn't just that Paul Weller and the boys WERE 'The Jam', but somehow in less than three and a half minutes, they managed to squeeze in feelings that people can easily identify with, no matter where they are coming from. It isn't overly sad, just has the right amout of 'upbeat' to it.
Beth over at 'Nutwood Junction' has had a thing for Semisonic's 'Closing Time' recently, and with AOL Journals closing down, it is quite apropos. But for me, I have this song come to mind ... when it doesn't seem fair, but IT IS WHAT IT IS. Can't change what is going on, but you have to keep on going.
Somehow, I think that is the attitude of this song. Not fair, maybe not even right, but hey, THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT. For instance, 'Family Guy'? Because I don't want to risk further alienation, I will only say, to me, that is NOT entertainment. But it goes on and on, like the 'Simpson's', which jumped the shark so long ago, I don't even think Pangea had broken up!
SONG IN YOUR HEART
Aren't we supposed to have one there? So I don't think there is anything wrong with a song popping up, in the way things come to 'Eli Stone'. I have had to do that my whole life, just didn't figure on it being something I could profit on! But anywho, I am going to leave you with this way cool song, and one of the best pop songs in my world (between that and 'Utopia Parkway' by the FOW).
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dang, I'd forgotten how good that song is, and how good the band was! Thanks for putting it up here, and you're right...that's entertainment!
Hugs, Beth
I agree, Simpsons and Family Guy are not entertainment to me. I have never watched a full episode of either one.
Hope you have a good football viewing weekend ahead of you :o)
LOL about the Family Guy; its one of my son's favorite shows; go figure
most days I wake up with a song in my heart; usually a praise one too!
hope you are doing good and enjoy a good football game today
betty
Post a Comment