Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Connect the Dots!

Prolouge:
My girl, Sage Steele has a new hairstyle, and it makes her look funky(in a very good way!) Today is the first time I have seen her this week and I am like WOW! She should know I am her biggest fan!

Whoa! Did I, or did I not channel Kathy Bates!


Blog, journal ... this is a DIARY.

There are the 'known knowns', which is why I knew I was not going to be crashing at Mookie's place the other day. I KNOW that there wasn't going to be any benefit great enough to justify the risking of the 'known unknowns'. Stayed at the Meijer's, and don't have to worry about it. Let her shape and form her new life without me.

I am doing that myself. Living my life without her.

SD sent me an email. Good for her! One of the things I have wondered about in revisiting ex-girlfriends, is does this mean I have to go thru the ENTIRE list? Man, some of these girls are not only out of state, they are OUT OF THE COUNTRY! That presents a host of logistical problems that pushes the idea of running down everyone on my list, unreasonable. With that, I decided to make a priority list, limiting my list to where relationship was a 'reasonable possibility'.

SD, is a one of those 'possibilities' as is AKA. I like them both, but they have issues that are unique to themselves and those are issues that don't necessarily needs to be resolved, but they do need to be worked on. And they both have to get over themselves, for real. Dealing with my problems, doesn't mean you can forget about your problems and what you do that adversely affects a relationship.

I don't bother people who don't invite me in. Period. When I have mentioned that I would take and value Nebraska's friendship, this is why I know I can stick to being 'her friend'. Once you have taken a position that establishes the boundaries, then I can respect them and keep my distance. This is why I coined the term, 'Nebraska Concept' to illustrated the difference between my affections for the person and my feelings for what I expect out of the move. She doesn't see 'how', which says something to me about HER ...

Tee Jay and I are supposed to go out on a date next week. I will be considering how I am going to approach being with her again this week, after I call tomorrow to confirm the time and place. How do I feel about her? I want to wait to see her and talk with her before I get into all that. I do things based on what I feel as much as what is 'there', you know? And what I would need to 'feel' is going to come from HER.

Waiting until March to really look into my plans again. Have to do my 'away visit' to Nebraska and see what's what.

POSSIBLE CHRISTMAS GIFT

I am interested in seeing the play 'Equus' that is on Broadway starring Daniel Radcliff and Richard Griffths (from the 'Harry Potter' films). I would like to go and see it. I wouldn't go at X-mas, but to put it on my calendar for early next year would be cool. Hell, even just the thought is fun and exciting!

I wonder how I would cope in NYC by myself ... after all, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere! Anywho, coming back to the here and now, there is a comedic production in Ferndale of 'The Facts of Life' TV show, running. I wouldn't mind seeing it, and I can ride my bike there and back (that is redundant, as I can ride my bike easily 'there and back' to any point in the Wayne,Oakland, Macomb area!), and go up to Royal Oak and hang for a bit. Sounds like the start of a plan!

3 comments:

Beth said...

"I'm your nuuumberrr onnne faaaan." Oooo, very creepy! LOL

I think you'd have a blast in NYC. I never thought I'd like it all that much, but WOW, it's just such an exciting place! I don't think I could handle the constant stimulation for the long term, but it definitely has an energy that I've never felt anywhere else. Just constant, constant movement and activity. If you get into Central Park, it's much quieter, but on the streets, it's so exciting! I hope you can make it work!

Love, Beth

Sage Ravenwood said...

Here's an interesting fact...I live in NY I've only been to the city twice in the 25 years I've been here...hmmm that's something I should change up. I've had fun with number one fans....ummm not really. It's great to see someone supportive, but when they go over and beyond about it...like Beth said Creepy. (Hugs)Indigo

betty said...

you'll do great in New York, Mark; I think that would be a nice Christmas gift to yourself; I heard interesting things about that play

I totally agree with what you said about living your life without Mookie and Mookie needs to live her life without you; very wise thoughts and actions to live by

again, I know you are going to do well with your plans; getting through winter and this economic times is a good thing to do in a somewhat familiar place and then in the spring I'm sure you can start really finalizing and thinking your timelime

betty