Friday, October 3, 2008

Today Is The Greatest Day I've Ever Known

FRUSTRATION STATION

How about I try to put this in a perspective that is both informative and creative, eh?

First, I really, really, liked Sarah Palin's hair. I thought the highlights in it gave her an added depth and made her look more 'solid'.

I don't know why I woke up feeling like I am feeling right now. I plan to get on my bike and boogie downtown to get a crepe at the place on John R, just east of Woodward. I may talk to the owner in the spring about getting a screen-printed jacket so I could do some advertising for her while I am traveling the Metro Area. All she'd have to do is front for the jacket.

It happens, sometimes I don't want to 'hear' all the talk that I talk. Does anyone remember the scene in 'Rocky', when Mick goes to Rocky's walk up apartment to see if Rocky needed a trainer for his title shot?

I do.

Mick made with some humble nice talk, but Rocky didn't want to hear all that. After all these years of left-handed compliments and of open indifference towards him, NOW Mickey has time for him. Rocky, emotional reaction at Mick, punctuated by, "You know what I'm gonna get?", with Rocky slamming his forearm into the wall.

Rocky knew what was in store for him. Mick slowly turned and left the apartment. But the time it took for him to make his way down the shabby hallway and the rickety stairs was enough time for Rocky to come to HIS senses. As angry as he was at Mick, after years of being treated like a stepchild, he knew that he had cheated himself as well. Now, with his one chance that was given to him by fate, he knew if he had any shot, it was with Mick.

I think I could use a 'Mick' right now.

Maybe I am feeling lonely. That might be it. One of the things about being a boxer, is you are alone in your own mind for such long periods of time. The hours running in the darkness of the early morning, to even the rounds of shadowboxing in a full gym, you are working in a space/time of your own creation, 'fighting' your fight.

This is a tough, tough, match I have signed for. Sometimes, I wonder if I am in over my head. Sometimes I wonder if I am not in a state of delusion. I could be wrong, and there is no 'do over', if I am.

What ARE these feelings? They AREN'T me ..!




7 comments:

betty said...

its a time of change, Mark; lots of things happening that is unsettling with blogs, etc; maybe that is why you are feeling the way you are; you are determined; you made good choices with what you want to do in this next chapter of your life; don't lose sight of that; we all have days we have doubts; hoping the weekend will be a good one for you

betty

Beth said...

I think Betty is right...it can be very unsettling to be uprooted from a place you've been comfortable with. I know I went through a couple of days where I felt pretty down, and that really isn't ME!

For what it's worth, looks to me like you're doing fine with these entries! If there's anything I can do to help you, don't hesitate to ask!

Love, Beth

Tawnya said...

I finally found you!!!! Sheesh, you make it hard for a girl to follow.... It will get easier here as you get to know the platform...

Toon said...

Found you! I hope this new blog situation isn't as chaotic as I'm afraid it will be.

Russ

mrs.missalaineus said...

i will bookmark you and come back-- love the 'adult content warning'-- how did you get that???


we michibloggers got to stick together!

Ken Riches said...

Glad you were able to turn off the adult content warning and let us follow you again my friend :o)

Sage Ravenwood said...

Sounds like you and I are in the same place these days. I'm digging my way through some painful memories. I've been down alot and having a hard time getting myself back to where I should be. Here's to hoping we both find our rythmn soon. I have to get used to this name, so I know to come around when you've posted. *(Hugs)Indigo