... but I do consider every man my brother. Copped that from another blogger and had asked her if I could use it. Hadn't really had a good enough opportunity, but this morning as I listened to 'Speaking of Faith', with the host Krista Tippett's interview with John O'Donohue. I hadn't ever heard of the cat, but in 'always trust content from Macromedia' way, I figured she wouldn't have him on, if he didn't have something to say.
The title of the show was, 'The Inner Landscape of Beauty'. I thought it was an outstanding show. I got a line attributed to Pascal, " You should always keep something beautiful in your heart." Why else do you think I include, "love, always" in my email? Because, there is SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL in my heart. And I give it, because it isn't mine to hoard. I don't know who needs to hear kind words, so I have kind words for others. For instance, rather than call the ladies that work the streets, whatever else, I call them 'Jenny's', for the one Forest Gump tried to love.
No matter what she was to anyone else, she was always what she was to HIM. Thinking about that, brings tears to my eyes. He also knew that what she was to him, he WASN'T to her. But he kept on loving her anyway. Because if had stopped, then it wouldn't have been 'possible'.
I don't 'pester' people with my smiling face, but neither did 'Forest Gump'. But even as he ran across the country, and though he had to tired, when he took that shirt and wiped his face ... he inspired the 'Happy Face' guy, because what was in him, he was sweating out!
Yup, I do think I am like that as well!
Anywho, listening to the song 'On Call' by the Kings of Leon, I think that anyone who have actually spent time around me, knows that I am 'that guy', someone who will bring the shovel, someone who is going to simply turn his back to yours and not stop swinging until either they are knocked out or we are.
'Don't Dream It's Over', is such wonderful pop song by Crowded House. I think that is what is in my mind when I am trying to pull 'us' through whatever it is we are going thru. Believing is the only way a mircales can be present, so you just have to believe past reality, and just suspend the rules and believe.
I went through a few of my 'Rules' because I wanted to remember what it is that I THINK is in me. Also, to be partly as reckless as I have to be, to do something that is, in a polite sense, sooo stupid, you still have to have some sort of foundation, if you think you are going to accomplish something that is daring and involves risk.
STAY SICK
Which is why the song for the day is, The Cramps 'Bikini Girls With Machine Guns'! The geni guy that starts the video, is dead on! When Lux starts in with all the things he has been, seen and done ... oh wow, that is me!
What is it I HAVEN'T done? I have had the opportunity at least, to say 'no' to a lot of stuff. But 'Bikini Girls ...'? Well, since it is what I am going to make of it, I always looked at them as being able to find what it is I am looking for ...
... "this stuff will kill you, it's loaded with fun ..!"
BOXING NEWS
Benard Hopkins beat up Kelly Pavlik last night. Uh yes, Emily, I MISS boxing. Didn't see the fight, but by all reports, he boxed the young guys ears off! I wish that I could have seen it. Maybe I will talk about MY BOXING a bit one day ...

4 comments:
I think being who you are, especially around others, provides the opportunity for acceptance, or take a pass. Franly, either one is fine with me, for other do not define me. Hope you write a bit more about your boxing :o)
Good saying, isn't it?
')
MJ
The Cramps!! Someone else mentioned them the other day! Weren't they one of the most twisted bands of that era?! (But weirdly fun, too.) I always liked "TV Set" and "Fever," oh, and "Uranium Rock," too.
I like your philosophy about having something beautiful in your heart. I'm glad you share it with us. :)
Love, Beth
I do hope you talk about your boxing one day, Mark, when you want to
I think the world needs more people like you, Mark, that have kind words for all, not knowing who needs to hear them said; imagine what our world would be if others followed that pattern
take care of yourself
betty
Post a Comment