ELECTION COVERAGE
Bet no one else knew I carry torches for Soledad O'Brien and Donna Brazielle! Toss up between which one I would take ... they are both what I talk about!
If there is a 'theme' in my little 'wishing' for women, it is that they tend not to be spotlighted. I don't like people to 'tell me' what is beautiful and what is attractive. That is what 'someone else' thinks, the media and what not. I would much rather be enthralled by someone I actually can SEE rather than the illusion that is created.
Sure, my girls got their hair done, their clothes are pressed, and all that. But it isn't done for tiltilation. Its done, to make them MORE ATTRACTIVE people. Not objectivied.
Don't get me wrong, cause there are some out front, like Rihanna and this Jazmine Sullivan. Don't get me started about Sage Steele! Other than Rihanna, there isn't anyone who just explodes into the mind as 'oh yeah, she's hot'. Which isn't to say that they aren't.
But I found them before you told me they were.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
...and that is why women have such low self esteem...we are trying to look like what the media tells us is beautiful, thin, how to dress, etc. Its an illusion, therefore not real, and who can measure up to that??
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there are many things that we use to filter what we see.
I think Donna Brazile is one cool lady. She is so intelligent, and speaks so calmly and rationally, no matter what sort of outrageous things those around her are spouting. I love that ability to remain calm under pressure!
Hugs, Beth
Post a Comment