Thursday, August 18, 2011

WHY YES, YOU CAN FIND THE TIME..!


 …AND IT ISN’T LIKE THERE IS ONE EXCUSE

I don’t post here as frequently as I should.  I will try to post something here once every week or so, the idea being that you have given whatever tip or advice I provide you about getting fit, and I hope to respond to questions as well.

Now I go to the gym pretty much every day when I am not being hobbled by one thing or another, and sometimes, even then.  Working out is much more than something I do to look a certain way or even for health benefits.  While I am not anal about getting fit (this weekend is a ‘break-‘n-bake’ cookie weekend!!), I do adhere to certain rules, like not eating too late (and there is evidence that says it is WHAT and not WHEN you eat that matters most of all!) or gorging out on anything (even on a cookie binge… I bake 4 at a time and spread them out over three days) at all.  I do make and eat salad and fruit (which has gotten expensive!) when I can.

But even in saying that, I know my diet is for crap.  So ANYWHO on that!!  My primary focus is on getting off my duff and moving!  And that is what a study has concluded that getting in 15 minutes of exercise is full of benefits and I have long advocated taking small steps towards fitness goals.

Now with 15 minutes a day being the new bar for increasing your health and lowering risk of diseases like high blood pressure and obesity, I wonder what kind of excuse people will come up with for not doing ANYTHING.

Remember, I wasn’t always disabled… I used to work too!  And wherever I worked, department store, restaurant or office, I found time to do a little something on a break or during a lull in business.  You can take a lunch and walk up and down the stairs in a building, do some Tai-Chi, or whatever for that length of time and you will be doing your body good! 

Alright… go on... get up and get busy..!

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Unfortunately, we do not eat until 9 or 9:30 on average, so we have our challenges ahead of us.