THIS STUFF IS LIKE 'HOOKED ON PHONICS'
I am only telling you things that I have either observed or has simply worked for me. For instance, when it comes to getting your '6-pack', there are a bunch of exercises to get that done. The one thing that I know is that folks who have some kind of 'gimmick', or non-traditional way of working the rectius abdominus, have varied results. But whenever I saw a cat who did sit up, chance were he had a 6-pack.
Because I don't know why in a physiological sense of why that seems to be, I will leave it at that. Also, there is another component that I am going to share, and that is body fat.
For instance, your ab muscles are an indicator of how much body fat you are carrying. If you have a abs set like the Old Spice cat, it means you are hovering around 8-9% of body fat if you are a man (14% for women). I know that the last time I had my body fat taken, it was around 14-15% and no, I don't have a 'fridge full of muscles' at least not as far as look (and also why I have not submitted a photo to be an online 'Daddy of the Day'!!) but my stomach is flat and the muscles are developed. Just have a 'sheen' of blubber covering them.
I had hoped to have a personal trainer give me a free anaylsis so I could relay some more info to readers, but it hasn't happened yet. One of the questions that I have is this new style of training where you choose and work one area of the body per day, completely and hitting the muscles from every area and moving on from their. Every kind of chest exercise one day, arms the next and so one.
This kind of training would have to be explained to me. I have utilzed a general technique that has chest and legs worked together and arms and back another day. By splitting things up this way, you hit each body part twice a week, with rest time for growth. It will keep things interesting enough without making you feel like you are not doing enough work. I find newbies getting bored with that kind of training, and I believe it is because they do not feel they have worked enough, missing 'the burn' if you will.
Well, I am going to ask around and have someone explain the benefits of working one area of your body per workout day v. what I call a 'balanced workout'. And I will prolly explain why I think people lose interest in working out as well the next time I post.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I try and alternate between chest/tris and shoulders/bis and get in two days each per week. I do not worry about lower body, let the walking and such take care of that.
Post a Comment