THE FITNESS TRIANGLE
I figure it would kind of resemble the Food Pyramid only it would be a triangle. And everyone knows, that Triangle Man fights and beats Particle Man!
Right now, I am only getting two sides of the triangle, by changing my diet and doing my aerobic stuff. The thing that is missing is load bearing exercises. I think that if I could include that in my routine, I would really be able to burn off more weight.
This past week, I only had ONE 'candy cocktail'. Each day I would push the reward to the next day, because my goal is always to get to the point where I can actually enjoy a couple of candybars and a soda. I have felt better and oddly, there have been no real withdrawl symptoms. I know that sometimes when you drop caffine consumption, headaches and irratiblity come into play. I have somehow avoided that. I think that drinking more water has helped with that.
THE FIRST 'LOSER'
Alexandra White, a 20 year old college student has lost 73 lbs. from a previous recorded weight of 309 lbs. She was the first contestant eliminated from the show 'The Biggest Loser'. Dag! I didn't pay her much attention last week as I was trying to get over the different 'attitude' they were showing on the show.
As she talked with Al Roker, I could see and feel the pride and sense of accomplishment that she had. I wonder how far she wants to go, because while she is certainly attractive to me, I don't think she is happy with where she is.
That is a big difference between men and women. I don't know if there is a ideal physique for men. No one brings up Adonis or anything like that for blokes when talking about how a man should look like. Though it goes with out saying that a nice body on a man is helpful, there are not only are there a lot of Fred Flinstone's wooing Wilma's ... but they carry the same expectations that someone who looks like a Cary Dashrock has!
I do think that if you can make your way to making sure that you get your aerobic and at least eat better, you will be able to start slimming down. One of the things that I do feel is that a lot of it has to do with the pyschological aspect of getting involved with physical training.
What made it easy for me admittedly, was getting involved with sports at such a young age. It kept me active and gave me the motivation to keep on with exercise. Still, I have always wondered why people didn't become more active in their personal fitness. I think the same connection that people make with attaining their own personal goals is the same kind of connection they can make with their personal fitness.
Being broke doesn't excuse bad dietary habits. In my 'boots on the ground' observation, there needs to be some sort of tangible compensation to encourage people to do something other than the 'other thing'. There is a pyschological component that doesn't get addressed in poverty stricken homes that never gets addressed.
And my use of the word 'poverty' isn't confined to the finacial aspects of the word. Being able to control the way that you see yourself over how the world observes you is important as well. I have always liked myself and I mean for real.
Time to get my half gallon of water ..!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I find that my work schedule absolutely interferes with my workout schedule. I am doing lots of working at work, but that is not the same as aerobic workouts. I do manage to get weight workouts in several times a week, but that is a maintain, not a gainer. Hope you can keep up the pace, I am trying to keep my moving.
Mark, I think goal is the secret. To lose a specific amount of weight, to make the team, to jump higher than the other guy. In school I was a runner (distance) but all I really wanted to do was hurl the discus. And I was good, very good. I might have even become excellent but other goals got in the way.
That pyramid thing sounds good. Good luck with it. And if you need some burdens to bear you can have some of mine.
D
It is so hard to loose weight man. I work out almost every day and I have lost only 5 pounds on the last month. Just the fact that I am not getting fat is cool. But give me a break, after working out sometimes up to four hours, 5 pounds is not cool at all. My diet high proteins, mostly beans. I will follow your progress to get some pointers. BTW, I read your post on Beth's site and i hear you.
Post a Comment