Thursday, October 1, 2009

DEFLATED

MY BALANCE BALL

Two years ago when I decided to do something about my fitness, I started by walking and working out on a fitness ball. The walking was a humbling thing, because I had to admit to myself that I wasn't up for running anywhere. But being able to 'call cadence' would help me walk faster and keep a tempo up where I could eventually 'double time'.

I also availed myself to a balance ball and resistance bands. That and a pair of 8 lbs. dumbells were what I used to get some of the tone back in my body. Today, I packed that stuff away.

One of the reasons that I haven't had a weight check/fitness entry is that most of all that stuff is put somewhere. I have stayed away from cookies and candy (though there is a run to Astoria on the agenda for tonight!!) and soda pop. I am looking forward to finding a place to work out and get mega tight, like I think is possible. One of my secret goals is to get tight enough for one of the blogs I have started to read, to post me in it!!

Now, that may seem like a modest goal, but what ever you decide to climb, let that be your Everest!! Doing that means you will treat it as the major, important thing it is, and who knows, right? After all, this cat started at 40 with no prior fitness training, I assume. I do believe that I have the will to push myself to at least being in range of him!

I did get on the scale and it said 228 lbs., which I will take as a win. Will prolly get back into a real schedule in November. Until then, I am going to keep away from junk (this evening 'doesn't count'!) and think 'thin thoughts'!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I think you're allowed some last visits to Astoria before you leave. It's a special place, and you need to have plenty of memories of it!

lelocolon said...

I hear you. 'The other day Bucko had a post about simplifying your life. And I was having a hard time spelling out that I love working out at them gym. But anyway I think that it has to do with the fact that deep down inside I think that working out is sort of vain. And that I should not talk about it. But the fact of the matter is that It is a goal of my to get muscle big. I want to sports some upper arms and shoulders hammers. Not because I want others to notice me, but because I want to notice it myself. Anyway, your post made me think of that. Thanks

Ken Riches said...

You have a new incentive to get tight, so I am confident that will happen. I have hopped back onto my workout train, getting in four morning workouts last week. Today will be lots of walking at the ND game. Happy trails friend :o)

MacBug said...

I really like the stability ball- it was my first tool, I was too scared to try anything else, and it's still my favorite. Best of luck on your goals man!