Thursday, December 10, 2009

THE BIGGEST LOSER

DANNY WON!!

Danny was the winner in a very close competition between himself and Rudy, who lost 208 lbs., which was a percent drop of 52%. He looked amazing, like a new person. But he wasn't the only one who looked totally amazing. The girl that I was pulling for, Tracey, lost out to Rebecca. They both remade themselves, but Rebecca came in with a new body and new hair color!!

Her transformation was for real, because she had more than enough to scoop the show's host, Alison Janney, up in the air on stage! She has added a lot of strength with her weight loss.

Even though they had all the access to medical evaluations and everything, I still wonder about what happens after the show. Some I think will continue to maintain their new bodies... Antoine struck me as one who really likes his new shape. He really didn't lose a lot more weight, but he has taken what weight loss he did have and shaped it up quite nicely. And as far as the girls, Dina was one that I think was pleasantly please with what she has accomplished. And Shay has a proverbial 'carrot' dangled in front of her by Subway to keep losing weight. I guess I wonder about the support for the contestants after the show.

That is a monumental weight loss in a short period of time. Breaking those dietary habits has to be difficult (and no, I haven't eat any candy all week!)...

ANOTHER WORKOUT

The previous workout for the 'big' muscle groups, my intent with that is to stress my body so that it will ramp up for muscle growth. I work those muscle groups another day in the week, with some tweaks to that training. I will explain 'why and wherefore' later.

I start off with a 'pryamid' of seated curls, starting with my hands at my sides, palms facing my body. When I bring the weight up to my shoulder, I turn or pronate my wrists, so that when the weight reaches my shoulder, my palm is facing it. Then I return the weight the same way that I brought it up. Reps of 12, 10,10, and 8, with the weight starting at 55lbs and going up in 5 lbs increments to 65lbs.

Next I do 3 @ 12 reps of hammer curls, using 35 lbs.. A hammer curl is a curl where you keep the palms of your hands facing the body and you bring the weight up and down without the turning, as if you were using a hammer.

Then I go to a preacher curl bench. Using a curl bar of 50 lbs., I repeat the same set and number of reps on that exercise.

Hmm ... I am thinking before I go on to the exercises I do for my back, I had better mention the significance of the sets and number of reps, huh? I will do that in the next training entry!

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

I was able to get a couple of great workouts in down in Cabo, and maintained for the week. I did full upper body workouts followed by 90 minutes of cardio twice. Today, started back to my daily workouts, shoulders followed by 50 minutes of cardio. Tomorrow, going to work, it will be down to only 30-40 minutes of cardio. Glad you are sticking with the routine great on reducing the candy :o)