Tuesday, May 19, 2009

IS THIS THING ON ..?

JUST CHECKING

Lose one, gain one I guess. Someone new has begun to subscribe to this journal at the same time someone dropped the other journal. I figure I better give the newbie something to read!!

I thought that when I started this one, I'd do some fiction writing, talk about the fun stuff that I get involved in, and be as irreverant as I can be. But irreverence helps me swallow my day to day as it is, so I guess I am as irreverant as I am going to be in 'Stars ...'.

Watched a new show on Fox ... 'Glee'. I gave it 2 1/2 stars. It is trying, but they are going to have to tighten up if they want to keep me as a viewer. I don't watch Fox, save for the show '24'. I think they over play the 'edginess quotient', and too often their plots fall into the 'that crap can't happen' realm too often for me. Tried to watch 'Fringe' and 'Bones' as well as 'House' ... and they aren't working for me.

If being an a-hole for the sake of being an a-hole is part of the 'charm' of the lead character, I tend to be less interested in the story. Fox shows are littered with them.

THE GIRL IN THE CREDIT UNION

Tried to dial up her image today, and came up blank. Que sera.

3 comments:

Beth said...

How funny...I almost stopped following this blog the other day because you hadn't updated for a while. I thought you were done with it! I'm glad I didn't delete it.

We love "Fringe"! As the season wore on, we started finding out more about the characters' backgrounds, and that has added a lot to the story. Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

We started following Fringe and Lie To Me this year, both very good. We were huge fans of House, but then they up and moved it to Monday, and lost us.

Yes, this thing is still on :o)

Libby said...

i love fringe & lie to me,& house...i want to watch stuff that's 'out there'...the news is enough reality for me...