Monday, December 13, 2010
HOW KELLY OSBORNE DID IT!!
Osborne tells it like it really is like to start to working out in this Shape Magazine interKelly view I found on AOL Fitness. The only quibble I have regards working out with a friend.
No, I wasn’t called ‘fat’, but the things I was called made up for the lack of being teased about my physical appearance. The gimmicks she used to get herself in the gym I do agree with. When I feel comfortable with my workout gear it ups the motivation factor for me to go work out… in fact, if I don’t have what I consider the proper gear to do something, it is STILL difficult for me to get into whatever I have scheduled for the day.
I tag my workout advice ‘small success fitness’. Listening to Kelly speak about her first steps, 10 minutes on the treadmill and building from there is EXACTLY why I use that tag. You have to start somewhere and when you take add to where you begin from, your confidence should grow from there. What is the saying… “The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step,” and in changing your lifestyle habits, that is certainly true.
Another good tip she mentions is how she ‘cheats’ on her squats. She doesn’t enjoy the movement but she manages to find a way to get them in and I do the same thing. There are exercises that for whatever reason, maybe it is a new weight or I get to the movement and I simply don’t ‘have it’. When that happens, I will try to calculate how much weight I wanted to move and lower the amount I am using to work to something manageable and add reps of the lighter weight until I ‘move’ the weight I had aimed for (ex: if I have 12 reps of 50 lbs. and I can only get 10 reps done, then I will drop the weight to 40 lbs. and do a set of 15 to get the ‘weight’, in this case 600 lbs., moved). Usually the next time I do the same workout, I can move the weight. But if not, I still ‘cheat’ the same way. I never cut the ‘work’.
So keep Kelly’s advice in mind when making New Year’s resolution to get healthy and workout more. Better fitness is only a small commitment away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I might just be cynical(oh yea, def), but I think a lot of these people use drugs to lose weight & then say it was all diet & exercise. I'm sure exercise was involved but....~Mary
Kelly looks great!
Post a Comment