What it is I am working with:
Height: 5'10.5 Weight: 239.5
That weight explains the problems I was having with my legs running ... I was too fat! And the rest of the tape would verify that!
Neck: 18 1/4 in.
Chest (reg): 43"
(exp): 44 1/2
Forearm: 13"
Bicep: 171/4
Fist (hey, they used
to take it in big fights!): 12
Waist: 37
Hips: 43
Thigh: 28
Calf: 18
It will be interesting to see how it all comes together. If I find a camera soon, I will try to get a picture for the 'before' part of this.
As far as the exercises goes ... I am still trying to find my way around the gym. At the other full sized gyms/fitness centers, it seemed easy to design a workout. The microgym, it is a different situation. It is more like a home gym with a few more pieces.
Again, I would recommend them wholeheartedly. There is no intimidation factor other than getting off your duff and going into gym and getting your work on. One of the things that I am adding to my routine is going to be some treadmill. They are so advanced now and they give you access to a wide variety of simulations to work on. I plan on doing a lot of work with them.
Since the gym is a little over a mile from the house, I have been walking there and back. Nothing beats getting that fresh air, which is why I hadn't been partial to the treadmill or the elliptical machines.
My goal is to lose 6 lbs. A MONTH!! I am not going to rush myself and set myself up for failure. As it is, that is undercutting what I regard as an achievable goal of 2.5 lbs. a week.
Once I figure out a routine, I will share it along with other little tips and whatever.

4 comments:
My hours have made it tough lately, but with the colder weather, I am getting in at least one good workout on the weekend, and today I did not have to be at work until 7:30 and so I got in a 15 minute weight and 30 minute elliptical workout. I always feel better when I can. I am at 224, and am hoping for 1-2 pounds a week. Know I am cheering for you friend.
Good luck in achieving your goals. I know you can do it.
Gyms are great, but nothing beats taking a run or a walk outside.
I think your goal is a very realistic one, and you may find that in shooting for that amount of loss a month you may actually lose more than that. I think walking is about the best overall exercise there is.
Consistency is key no matter what you do. Walking is the best exercise, easy, cheap (other than a good pair of sneakers). If one must, a treadmill will do, though the outdoors is optimal, for me, anyway. The treadmill bores me, though now that I've updated my iPod music, it is tolerable. I look forward to your tips!
Post a Comment